Re: grub configuration, boot.

2009/12/24 Dj YB <yehielb mail ru>:

> thanks
> I have noticed that the uuids  are the same
> how do you suggest doing what you said, and how do i make grub use this
> idntification
> and uuids?
> YB

Boot your normal Fedora, once booted plug in the USB drive.

Scan for and activate all lvm volumes:
su -c "vgscan && vgchange -ay"

Then have a look at what volumes you have. The first VolGroup should
be your internal drive.

You'll need to run something like:
su -c "vgrename VolGroup1 usbdrive"

You can tell grub to boot the USB drive by replacing its GRUB entry
from root=blahblah with root=/dev/mapper/usbdrive-lv_root

Of course, your initramfs also needs to support booting from USB..

-c