Re: [Fedora] Re: IBM Netfinity 5000

Jussi Lehtola wrote:
Yes, it sounds indeed like an IDE problem. If you want to install
Fedora, there's another thing you can do: just get the minimal boot iso,
boot the system with it and perform an installation over the internet.
Amazingly enough, this is (so far) working. It booted the netinst.iso just fine and I'm watching the installation download and install packages right now. Knock on wood, hopefully it will finish, AND boot afterwards. With this machine having both hard drives on its wide SCSI bus, I'm just crossing my fingers that the install knows what to do. I'll keep you posted.