Re: [Fedora] IBM Netfinity 5000

We've got success. After the net install finished, first it wouldn't boot at all, so I went into rescue mode and tried booting the drive then only to have it tell it that it didn't have any bootable partitions. So, a little bit of grub-install magic, the system now boots without a problem.

Next step was to run 'yum update' ... and while installing "kernel-PAE-2.6.31.9-174.fc12.i686", I saw these warnings/errors:

Possible missing firmware aic94xx-seq.fw for module aic94xx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql1800_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2500 for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2400 for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2322 for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2300 for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2200 for module qla2xxx.ko
Possible missing firmware ql2100 for module qla2xxx.ko

Is this something that should be addressed? For the record, the machine has an Adaptec AIC-7895, so I don't *think* the 94xx is even needed here.

   -- A