Re: [Fedora] Re: IBM Netfinity 5000

Gene Heskett wrote:
Then I would have to assume there is a hardware problem that memtest86 didn't exercise. But without being there, with schematics and my scope, I'm afraid I can't be any more help. My scope is probably too slow anyway, its just the usual dual trace 100mhz half computerized Hitachi, good to 200 mhz but of course way out of calibration by then.
I can't help but make the assumption that it was the boot up process in initrd because any other disk I tried booted up past that. I even re-burned that disk just to make sure and got the same result; it would lock up at random points during those dots that show up ...

However, it's all a moot point now. I got the system up and running, and configured. It's already in production with no problems.

   Thanks for all the insight!