Forcing vesa driver from boot line

I just upgraded my FC12 and now the X is unusable, due to "improvements" in the radeon driver. I tried using video= and xdriver= boot options, is there any way to restore this to slow but usable operation, or should I just roll back and reinstall an older release?

The mouse is totally unresponsive, system gets 2-3k int/sec from something, and Wifi stopped working. So far this release is 2 for 11 on my systems, the others have been rolled back to FC11.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>