Firefox/Flash print problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Dec 27 08:52:06 UTC 2009

On 26/12/09 21:51, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Bob Goodwin writes:
>
>>     This is an updated F-12 computer, in fact I have two and both have
>>     the same problem printing from flash in Firefox. When I ask it to
>>     print the menu comes up allowing me to select the printer and that
>>     accepts my selection, but no matter which of three printers I select
>>     it only prints to the "default" printer designated in
>>     system-config-printer!
>>
>>     Crossword puzzles collected as .pdf files print to whatever printer
>>     I select. Printing from the command line works normally too.
>>
>>     Any suggestions on correcting this are welcome.
>
> In about:config, check the "print.postscript.print_command" and
> "print.print_command" settings. If something is set for them, reset
> them to their default values.

These are shown as set to the default settings..

    print.postscript.print_command;lpr
    ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+-P"$MOZ_PRINTER_NAME"}

    print.print_command;lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+-P"$MOZ_PRINTER_NAME"}

I would assume that "-P"$MOZ_PRINTER_NAME"" is what forces the default
printer but I have no idea how to change that?

It's not a killer of a problem and I can live with it but it just struck
me as not being right! At first I thought I had another LAN problem. It
only affects Flash in Firefox and the only thing I use flash for is a
few crossword puzzles that I and other family members work every day.
I've got them hooked too!

Thanks for the response.

Bob

.