Re: problems with system-config-display and crtl-alt-backspace

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 00:42:19 -0800
Paul Allen Newell <pnewell cs cmu edu> wrote:

> To all:
>
> Installed f12 without any problems.
>
> Discovered that crtl-alt-backspace was disabled in f12 and how I
> could edit my xorg.conf to restore that feature.

How did you discover this? Trying it in a gnome desktop? :)

> Searched Fedora f12 web pages and they told me to install
> system-config-display to create an xorg.conf that matched the default
> that the opSys was using. Worked great and, to use the cliché,
> "groovy"

Don't do that. See:

http://ryanler.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/controlaltbackspace-shortcut-does-not-restart-the-x-server-in-fedora-11/

(with screenshots even! :)

There is no need at all to make an xorg.conf, and as you have seen it
can cause problems moving forward.

kevin