Install Fedora onto (not from) an SD card

Does anyone have a way to install onto an SD card? I have been able to install on a USB stick but the installer doesn't see an SD card as a device to install onto.

I don't want this to be setup as one of those "live" distributions where you have your static part and then an overlay where you save any changes. I want the SD card to act as a hard drive (although a pretty slow one) where it'll have a /, /boot, and swap partitions.