Re: how to increase the number of cirtual desktops?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  i'm embarrassed to ask this, but how does one increase the number of
virtual desktops in f12?  used to be there were 4, but with f12, after
a fresh install, there's only 2 and i've poked around under
System->Prefs and don't see a setting for that.

Related to that, I also keep a fair number of desktops, and I find that they take more of my taskbar than I wish to give them. My solution was to put a tray (aka drawer) on the taskbar, and put the desktop switcher in that. I usually leave it open, but I can gain the space it takes just by closing the drawer.

Then I have room for the monitor app on the taskbar, so I can quickly see if the system is running badly. ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>