Re: problems with system-config-display and crtl-alt-backspace

Suvayu Ali wrote:
On Sunday 27 December 2009 11:06 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 00:42:19 -0800
Paul Allen Newell<pnewell cs cmu edu>  wrote:

To all:

Installed f12 without any problems.

Discovered that crtl-alt-backspace was disabled in f12 and how I
could edit my xorg.conf to restore that feature.

How did you discover this? Trying it in a gnome desktop? :)

Searched Fedora f12 web pages and they told me to install
system-config-display to create an xorg.conf that matched the default
that the opSys was using. Worked great and, to use the cliché,

Don't do that. See:

(with screenshots even! :)

There is no need at all to make an xorg.conf, and as you have seen it
can cause problems moving forward.

If the OP is interested, the command line way to do this would be to have one of your login scripts like ~/.bash_profile say,

setxkbmap -option terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp

Thanks, this is interesting. So it is in .bash_profile and not .bashrc? Is there a similar way to do in either cshrc or, preferably, tcshrc?