f12 gnome usb stick automount fails

Hi,

I have an usb stick of size 8GB. It was given a label with dosfslabel.
After a while fc12 under gnome failed to automount under the usual
/media/<labelname>. This happens only to one usb stick.
I checked it using fsck.vfat while repairing possible filesystem errors.

What's wrong?

BTW: Next information possibly has nothing to do with my problem. I have this device is on sdc (sdc1 vfat, sdX X>=c) and i have a vodafone composite 3G modem + microSD reader connected. The microSD reader occupies the sdb although there is no card in it.

Thanks,
Robert