Re: Monitor doesn't turn go into powersave

On 28/12/09 17:52, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
xset dpms force off

If running 'xset dpms force off' puts your monitor into powersave mode immediately, and if you boot with 'nomodeset', and that makes powersave work for you again automatically, then you have the same bug.

After pondering this, since 'xset dpms force off' works to put the monitor into powersave mode, then this has to be a bug. I just need to figure out what to file a bug against: gnome-power-manager, x.org, or kernel.

   Yes when I do "xset dpms force off" The screen goes black which is
   what it should do if the screen saver worked..

   To do "nomodeset" I will have to reboot is suppose but not sure how
   to apply that, "startx --nomodeset" perhaps or do I have to do it in
   grub? Yes, you say boot with it. Not sure where to put it in grub.

   Bob