Re: ARM microcontroller code development with eclipse?

Hi Leland,

--- On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 2:12 AM, KC8LDO <kc8ldo arrl net> wrote:
| For hobby use, or for those "midnight engineering" projects when you're done
| with your day job, one just can't spend that kind of money. Looking for free
| and open source tools is the only viable alternative.
\--

We use Free/Open Source Software in commercial engineering projects as
well, and having freedom of source code greatly helps.

Some vendors provide toolchains, code examples and documentation along
with the boards they sell. Please see the following (for a start):

* http://elinux.org
* http://www.linuxfordevices.com/
* http://www.tincantools.com/ (the folks at #edev on irc.freenode.net)
* http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/
* Michael Opdenackers' useful documentation at http://free-electrons.com/docs/

If you are interested in building your own toolchain you can try
Kegels' crosstool scripts:
http://kegel.com/crosstool/

You can also have a look at CodeSourcerys' ARM toolchains:
http://www.codesourcery.com/

Regards,

SK

--