Re: GRUB2?

On 12/29/2009 11:00 AM, David L wrote:
On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Eric Brunson<brunson brunson com>  wrote:
Is it in the roadmap to move from GRUB Legacy to GRUB2?
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Grub2

Cool, I missed that.  Thanks.

Ubuntu uses grub2 already.  I'm sure it's got some
great new features, but for my purposes, it's a bit
less convenient.  I often edit my grub.conf one
one partition when I'm booted to another partition
(I use chainloading a lot).  If I understand it correctly,
with grub2, you have to run a command after editing
the configuration file to properly create another
configuration file.  I guess it's no big deal, but it
takes some getting used to.

Cheers....

           David