thinkfinger for ThinkPad fingerprint scanner missing on F12?

Hi everyone,

I got my hands on a brand new ThinkPad in the last week. While setting things up, I noticed that thinkfinger is missing from the F12 although its present in the F11 repos. Is their any reasons behind this?

From my 64-bit F11 desktop:
$ sudo yum list thinkfinger
Available Packages
thinkfinger.i586       0.3-9.fc11         fedora
thinkfinger.x86_64     0.3-9.fc11         fedora

From my 32-bit F12 ThinkPad:
# yum list thinkfinger
Error: No matching Packages to list

All the usual repos are enabled on both machines.

If thinkfinger is not available on F12, would it be a wise decision to install the F11 packages in F12?

Any thoughts welcome.

Happy New Year to you all. :)
--
Suvayu