Nouveau driver with nvidia dual head

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 13:20:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Anthony Messina <amessina at messinet.com>wrote:

> On Thursday 24 December 2009 05:41:03 Kirk Lowery wrote:
> > Thanks for the response and the great idea! The same thing had occurred
> > me, especially as I had used this technique to install Fedora 10.
> >
> > Only...there isn't any xorg.conf! Neither on the LiveCD nor on the
> >  installed hard disk! At least, it's not in /etc/X11 and locate only
> shows
> >  the man page.
> >
> > So how does nouveau get away without an xorg.conf?
> >
> > Kirk
> >
> I use dual head with nouveau using the following xorg.conf:

Well, I tried this conf and it worked -- exactly as without an xorg.conf:
everything about dual head works except for the background stretch.

I guess I'm going to have to get in touch with the LiveCD developers, and
find out who does the nouveau stuff for it; either that or the nouveau IRC.

If I ever solve this, I'll report back here.

Thanks for everyone's responses and for holding my hand on this!

Kirk