Re: Wine (?) spoiling F12 boot : MITIGATED

BeartoothHOS wrote:
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:12:10 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
[...]
What does System->admin->display say in the display tab? I find that I
need to manually set that sometimes. I think I said
system->config->display the first time, had the wrong WM in front of me.

On the first tab (Settings), it tells me I have a setting of 1280x1024 (offering only smaller others), and millions of colors; on the second (Hardware), it acknowledges what I think I told it -- that I have an LCD panel 1680x1050. (Iirc, it had supposed I had a CRT; at least one machine did.)

What I have been doing is use the admin->display to get the display type right, check the video card (never had to change it), and then I could set size in the system->prefderences->hardware->screenResolution. If that sequence doesn't show the large sizes I have no other tricks (and haven't needed them to date).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>