Wine (?) spoiling F12 boot : MITIGATED

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Dec 31 02:16:52 UTC 2009

BeartoothHOS wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:12:10 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> 	[...]
>> What does System->admin->display say in the display tab? I find that I
>> need to manually set that sometimes. I think I said
>> system->config->display the first time, had the wrong WM in front of me.
>
> 	On the first tab (Settings), it tells me I have a setting of
> 1280x1024 (offering only smaller others), and millions of colors; on the
> second (Hardware), it acknowledges what I think I told it -- that I have
> an LCD panel 1680x1050. (Iirc, it had supposed I had a CRT; at least one
> machine did.)

What I have been doing is use the admin->display to get the display type right,
check the video card (never had to change it), and then I could set size in the
system->prefderences->hardware->screenResolution. If that sequence doesn't show
the large sizes I have no other tricks (and haven't needed them to date).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>