Re: Where is 2.6.32?

Konstantin Svist wrote:
On 12/31/2009 09:10 AM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
And leaves you with no Fedora patches and the disk performance
regression issues of 2.6.32. Also a tainted kernel which some
developers will ignore if you get a trace, etc.

I thought it's only tainted if there are non-GPL modules compiled in.
For instance, I saw the tainted message whenever I insmod'ed fglrx driver

You're right, I am assuming he was talking about the nvidia modules which are not GPL, when he mentioned 2.6.32.2+Nvidia. So it would only me tainted if he wanted to have graphics. Or the licensing may have changed, things are not the same for long.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>