rsync using sudo.

/usr/bin/rsync --stats -ae "ssh" --rsync-path="sudo /usr/bin/rsync"
/my  rsync host1:/backup/my

I'm running the above command as user rsync (on both the local and
remote system). Both rsync
users are in /etc/sudoers and permitted to run the command as root
/usr/bin/rsync and I have
ssh-kegen stuff setup correctly.  tested aka: ssh host1 who (no passwd
asked for)

The problem: the local files get permission denied on root owned files
subdirs. If I add
sudo /usr/bin/rsync --stats -ae "ssh" --rsync-path="sudo
/usr/bin/rsync" /my  rsync host1:/backup/my

I get prompted for a ssh passwd. Has anyone solved or done this?

Any help would be great!

-- Gary