Re: [Fedora] Re: Upgrading old RH server

Kevin Kofler wrote:
There's no way to convert the passwords automatically as the hashes used are
not reversible by design (otherwise it would just be cheap obfuscation and
add no real security).
Considering the old method seems to work just fine on FC10, what could I be breaking if I just do that? Do a clean FC10 install, then recover the pertinent files from backup, including that /etc/shadow file which has everyone's current passwords.

Sooner or later, everyone will have their password expire and it becomes a moot point, but till then, can I expect things to run fine?