Re: Super user problem FC10

On 02/02/09 10:34, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Croombe F. Pensom wrote:
I have installed FC10 five times now but I can NEVER log in as root as
it ALWAYS tells me that the authentication failed.
I did the install very, very carefully as I thought that, maybe, I had
goofed; but, no, I set up root password OK but still cannot do the login
as root.
The only way I can get to root operations is via sudo but, then, I can't
get a gui running (I'm a bit lazy!!).
Any ideas as to why I can't log in as root?
CroombeFP
You may want to do a search of the list. This has been covered
several times. By default, root can not log into the GUI.

I wish people wouldn't keep saying that.

By default, root cannot log into *gdm*. Root can log into kdm.

poc