Re: OT?: Thunderbird/Firefox - http links changed to file: links??

G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
The problem persists! Not just one or two messages, now it affects all message links from Thunderbird to Firefox.
<snip>

I'm beginnig to wonder if there is something amiss with some global configuration or if I have somehow been compromised. This last is fairly unlikely since I practice safe hex and have a firewall in place.

I guess I'll have to dig into the global configurations for TB and FF
but don't expect to find anything as they were both erased and re-installed just now.

Just to be on the safe side I'll reboot to make sure there isn't any memory-resident interceptor at work. An examination of ps shows nothing
unusual but I'll check for rootkits and such as well.

After re-booting and applying all the Gnome updates, the problem has disappeared. All the links behave just fine.

BTW: The chkrootkit scan found nothing.

Thanks You for the suggestions.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury