Easiest Way to Configure Wireless Settings Manually?

What is the easiest way to manually configure an ifcfg-xxxx module and
all the other wireless things I need for a laptop Intel Pro Wifi Link
5300 a/g/n card, without the help of Network Manager? Do I need an
ifcfg-wlan0 module or a module of some other name (as in ifcfg-[something]?)

I'm currently in Boston assisting  a relative who needs medical testing,
and I'd love to get wireless going on my laptop (a Dell Latitude E6400)
while doing those long hospital waiting room stays, but when I installed
Fedora 10 on this baby I forgot to turn on the wireless card hardware
switch. So Network Manager didn't configure anything. Just at the moment
I'm using a wireless bridge device and my wired port.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Bob Cochran