Wifi dies about once an hour. Bug in update ?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Feb 4 04:18:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 18:36:02 -0700
Linuxguy123 wrote:

> Exactly which application should I run to select the wireless network to
> use ?  I've always wanted to do this in F10 and I've never been able to.
> I wouldn't be fooling around editing things in the network configuration
> tool in the first place if I had a working NM application.

I have a Network Manager icon in the notification area on my Gnome toolbar.
When there is no connection it shows as an ethernet plug with a line through it.

If I left-click on that icon, I get a list of available wireless networks that
the computer can see at that moment. I click on the one that I want to connect
to, the little balls spin for a second and then it tells me that I now have a
network connection. The icon turns into a graph showing the signal strength.

If I want to change to a different wireless access point I just left-click on
the icon again and select it off of the list.

If I plug a wired ethernet cable into the computer, it automatically spins the
little balls for a second and then tells me that I am now online with a wired
connection.

That's all that there is to it.