Re: I lost the NetworkManager Applet

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 01:54 +0000, James Harrison wrote:

        I just got home. It is running nm-applet is running but no icon.
        I tried restarting NetworkManager. Still no icon

        I got it back, but by a fluke. I right clicked on the panel at
        the top of the screen and "Add to panel..." I selected the
        "Notification area..." Icon in the list and the NetworkManager
        Icon reappeared.

        James

So you must have killed the whole notification area.  That would have
taken out the power icon and the Bluetooth icon (if you had it) and some
others as well (root auth, setroubleshooter, updates, etc).
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu