PPT files in Openoffice on FC

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 4 16:13:45 UTC 2009

Has anyone ever seen OpenOffice 2 or 3 screw up the Format of a PPT file.
My niece called me up last night and said she loaded a PPT file onto two
different Linux  boxes with OO-2 and OO-3 and the format of the file was
all screwed up . I have received many PPT files from people and never
had problems with one to open in OO-2 FC8. I maybe missing something.
I have got a young girl here that she is trying to convince her Mother
and Father that she needs a Vista Laptop that they can't afford, because
all her friends have a Vista Laptop. and she needs one to, and because
her parents don't understand anything about Software.
Their Son has used the Fedora 10 box I have setup for them and done his
studies without any problems, I even setup IE6 on linux with ie4linux so
he could connect to his School computers to do his studies, and she goes
to the same school.
Anyhow I was just wondering if there was something I could fix, that is
a problem.
I have tried to use User Agent Switcher in Firefox to connect to his
school computers but it just won't work.