fedora on acer aspire one 150 .. please advise..

Hi
I'm getting an Acer aspire one (150) as there is a model that ships running linux it obviously runs Linux ...daaa .. lol. And after some googling  there are others that have gentoo and Ubunto running on it. can any. Thus i conclude that it should run fedora 10 i386 .. can anyone make recommendations. I would obviously like to recompile the the kernel, to squeeze all I can out of it. Where could i find a good example config file to start with. should I be using i386 ?

Thanks for you help.

Regards
Gregory Machin
Email: gmachin techconcepts co za