re: Fedora 10 login screen

On Feb 4, 2009, at 10:26 AM Margaret Doll wrote:
> How can I change the login screen?  I either want to remove the partial list of users on the systems or extend the list to all the users.

You can either run as root the command:
gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults --type bool --set
/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list true

or install gconf-editor package and run the gconf-editor command as
root; then in the gui-tree go under
 /apps/gdm/simple-greeter
and check the "disable_user_list" key

log out and then you don't get the user list (but unfortunately you
still get the "Other..." line )

HIH,
Gianluca