Re: ethernet comes up at wrong speed.

> First, autonegotiation is in the hardware. You can use ethtool(8) to
> change the NIC parameters. Years ago I had a similar problem with the
> DEC Alpha on my desk connecting to the switch in the lab. Try adding
> this to your ifcfg-eth1:
> |This turns off autonegotiation and sets the card to 1GB.
> ETHTOOL_OPTS="speed 1000 duplex full autoneg off"
>
> Also it is important to set it to full duplex.

Sorry it took so long, but just wanted to thank you for your suggestion.
It seems to speed things up *when* the kernel is in control, but I still
have problems during the diskless boot.  For that it seems that I would
need someting that could be downloaded into the ethernet card (or a switch)
Im not sure Im upto digging around deep enough into the diskless boot programs
to find where they bring up the interface.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg dwf com