Help for Samba configuration

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Thu Feb 5 14:01:10 UTC 2009

I am trying to set-up my Samba shared folders on one of my box (but I
have similar troubles on other boxes)
When I open Resources/Network/Windows Network I see the boxes shared on
my network, but when I try to open a shared folder on my computer...
well I click on the required computer icon, I get a window with shared
folder, but when I click on one of them I get the message that folder
cannot be mounted!!!

I checked all my configuration files, but it seems o.k.
So when I click on one folder icon I get either a password request
window or a message that I cannot mount folder.
Can I ask some help??
]

$ smbclient -U% -L localhost
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.2.7-0.25.fc10]

    Sharename       Type      Comment
    ---------       ----      -------
    Pubblici        Disk      file condivisi
    musica          Disk      Musica
    IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (AcerSamba Version
3.2.7-0.25.fc10)
    ML-1610         Printer   SamsungLaser
    HP-P1005suCeleron Printer   HP LaserJet P1005 su Celeron
    HP-LaserJet-P1005 Printer   Hewlett-Packard HP LaserJet P1005
    HP-LaserJet-1005suVaio Printer   HP LaserJet 1005
    Cups-PDF        Printer   Cups-PDF
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.2.7-0.25.fc10]

    Server               Comment
    ---------            -------
    ACERF10              AcerSamba Version 3.2.7-0.25.fc10

    Workgroup            Master
    WORKGROUP

I attach also the smb.conf file...

--
Antonio M
Mob.+393386586046

Pensa prima di stampare-Think before printing
Mail by Thunderbird 2.0 Websurfing by Firefox 3.0
Linux Fedora F10 (Cambridge)  on Acer 5720
Linux user number 362582