Re: XFCE depends on GNOME, why?

Javier Perez wrote:
Hi
I tried to install a "pure" XFCE system but I can't
It looks like in order to install XFCE, I have to install also GNOME.
It is so very counterproductive because my idea was to setup a small,efficient system specifically without GNOME or KDE's overhead.
This is an old computer, with a Celeron processor

Take a look at this, this is the result of sudo groupinstall XFCE:

A group in Fedora includes optional dependencies and the Xfce group includes things like GDM and NetworkManager-gnome which will pull in other dependencies. This won't necessary impact anything more than disk space. If you want a "pure" Xfce setup, you can cherry pick individual packages and do something like

# yum install Thunar Terminal xfce4-panel thunar-archive-plugin thunar-volman xfdesktop xfce-utils xfce4-mailwatch-plugin xfce4-mixer

Note that this will still pull things like GTK2 simply because GNOME and Xfce use the same library.

Rahul