What exactly is 'yum list recent' ??

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Feb 5 19:49:29 UTC 2009

g wrote:
> William Case wrote:
>
>> I used 'yum list recent' to double check a recently updated package.  I
>> found what I wanted.  But ...
>
> 'man yum':
>
>  yum list recent
>      List packages recently added into the repositories.

None of which answers his three explicit questions. There seems no information
on how you decides what is "recent" in that page.

>> A couple of questions came to mind:
>
> http://yum.baseurl.org/
> http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/yum
Does that link provide any information from your machine, because it sure
doesn't give me anything but an invitation to write a page. Or was that another
subtle comment like the reference to the man page which doesn't define what
recent is, either.

I got a "server busy" on baseurl, can't say what that might do.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>