Re: virt-manager and qemu not working together

Kevin Kofler wrote:
solarflow99 wrote:
I wonder why that is?  I never did come across the explanation..

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f9/en_US/sn-Virtualization.html

And despite the expectations, it didn't make F10 either...
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f10/en_US/What_Do_System_Adminstrators_Care_About.html#sn-Virtualization

Kevin, thanks for that. I kind of gave up on xen and went to KVM just because it was less hassle and I could see issues coming getting xen back in the kernel. I just roll KVM machine from the command line for the most part, assuming they are not servers. I don't have a good tool to put servers up without some hand work to set up the bridging needed to establish a machine which appears to be separate.

I didn't know about xenner, but I'm not sure it actually would help, paravirt under a KVM machine is unlikely to be better than just a KVM machine. In any case now I see what's happening, and it sounds as if I went the right way.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>