Re: Sendmail

Adil Drissi wrote:
Hi,

I have successfully installed Mysql and PHP but I am unable to send email via php. Sendmail is already installed apparently. I want to know if there is a way to test email by sendmail command lines. Another thing is that how to configure sendmail because i'm just a regular customer of an internet provider. I know the provider's mail server parameters. Can sendmail be used with these parameters?

To just test mail you can send a message to yourself from the "mail" command, something like:
  df | mail -s "Mail to me" $LOGNAME
and read the log /var/log/maillog

To accept mail from outside you need to go to /etc/mail:
- edit sendmail.mc to change the DAEMON_OPTIONS to replace "127.0.0.1"
  with 0.0.0.0 meaning anywhere.
- you have to tell your firewall to allow smtp connects from anywhere

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>