Re: XFCE depends on GNOME, why?

Globe Trotter wrote:

So, what is the bug report filed against? The package firefox or the package gnome or whatever.

I thought I provided a very specific list of dependencies as an example.

That wasn't specific enough. You have to cut it down to a specific package instead of a big list and if there is indeed a spurious dependency, file it against the package. It is important to confirm with reqoquery and ldd instead of yum remove. If Firefox has a unnecessary dependency, then filing a bug report against it would make sense but it has to be demonstrated first.

Rahul