Re: XFCE depends on GNOME, why?

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Globe Trotter <itsme_410 yahoo com> wrote:
> So, what is the bug report filed against? The package firefox or the package gnome or whatever.

I really don't think you are going to be able to argue a case for
removing the gnomevfs enabled filesystem support from firefox at build
time.  It would have to be re-engineered as a runtime option that
could be provided by another package for this change to even have a
chance.

Compile time decisions are choices that have to be applied to all
users. Unless this is engineered so that its not a compile time
choice, some subset of users will be made unhappy by that choice.

-jef