Re: Dumbass KDE 4.2 Compilation Question

homburg tips-Q com wrote:
> I thought that I would compile kde 4.2 in developer mode.
> That is, the files are installed in the developer
> directory. Thus I can test KDE 4.2 in advance of installing
> it to the system.
>
> The question is, if I move the installation to the system
> directories, am I going to break anything? Will an
> ldconfig repair any damage?

Uh, don't do that! Don't move your custom-built 4.2 binaries to system
directories, use our 4.2 packages instead (which have been pushed to
updates-testing a few hours ago).

Or just don't build your own at all and test our update from updates-testing
instead. Or just wait for it to hit updates, which should be in a couple
weeks or so, give or take a few days depending on how many issues are found
and have to be fixed.

        Kevin Kofler