Re: Ran out of disk space during yum update

> > Subject: Re: Ran out of disk space during yum update

> > Robert Moskowitz writes:
> >
> > > In the new install I did, I was not alert and did a complete yum update,
> > > and my / partition ran out.

a simple script that takes a long time but uses ABSOLUTE minimal space

#! /bin/bash

yum -q check-update > /root/check-update
for i in `awk '{print $1}' < /root/check-update`
   do
   yum -y update $i
   yum clean all
done
rm /root/check-update

this checks for available updates and puts them into a file.
then it goes through that file one line at a time and installs that package along with it's dependencies
It cleans up after each install
then it removes the file it created

Dennis K

Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ¬°gratis!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/