Re: automatic updates on unattended machines

Neal Becker wrote:
I want automatic updates on unattended machines (F10). What do I need to do here?

I don't think PackageKit handles this (doesn't seem to work).

You can just put "yum upgrade" in cron if you dare, I personally like to wait see if this list or BZ report problems. Only urgent bug fixes go in fast.

Note: some upgrades require a reboot, I don't know how you tell doing it this way, and if you reboot every time and you hit a fails to boot the machine is dead.

You may want to consider remote administration as an alternative, this is something I might do on RHEL but not on Fedora.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>