samba, ldap and syncing authentication

I have a Samba server acting as a PDC with Fedora Directory Server running as the LDAP server, which holds all the users and passwords of the domain. Everything is properly configured and running great. Changing passwords from within a Windows machine changes both NT and UNIX passwords.

However, I can't seem to find out how to sync NT and UNIX passwords from a Linux client. I can set my Linux client to use LDAP auth, but it only changes the UNIX password. I occasionally login to a Windows VM and would like to use /one/ set of username and password credentials. I /cannot/ have two passwords (please, don't ask why). Right now I'm having to manually sync NT and UNIX passwords since my Linux client is my main machine.

Yes, I know about smbldap-tools and that's what I have the PDC using, but I'm looking for a solution that uses the system "passwd" command to change passwords. If there is no other way, fine, just tell me and I'll use smbldap-tools on my Linux client.

P.S. The Samba programmer who thought it would be awesome to have separate password keeping should be shot.