Multiple Workspace support in NVIDIA driver...

I realize now, after booting to windows for the first time in a while, that the support for multiple workspace/desktop backgrounds seems to come from the NVIDIA driver (at least on windows). So my question is should I get the driver from the NVIDIA website and let it install itself and rebuild a kernal? (I think that's what it's going to want to do...) I really miss that particular feature..
Michael