Re: How can make my webcam visible everywhere?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I have a webcam (Linksys WVC54GCA) with IP address 192.168.2.141 ,
> visible only on my home network 192.168.2.* .
> How can I make it visible on my web server outside my system?

You don't say what protocol is used to access the webcam.  But, in any
event, this is normally accomplished by port forwarding.  We don't know
what the rest of your network looks like to complete the solution for
you.   So, the question would be what device on your network has the
true internet IP address?  If it is a DSL router or some such device
they have port forwarding capabilities builtin.  If your Linux box acts
as the firewall/router/NAT then you need to configure iptables to do the
port forwarding for you.

--
Make it right before you make it faster. Mei-Mei Greshko greshko com
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg