Preupgrade 8->10, fails

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Feb 8 04:25:30 UTC 2009

Greetings;

I googled for and found the preupgrade stuff, figuring I could goto 9 and then
10, but 9 is not a choice presented.

So I go for 10, and eventually it tells me that there is not sufficient space
to download the install image in the /boot partition.  Of course there isn't,
when I re-installed 8 after a drive failure, the fscking partitioner would
not allow me to setup a boot partition over 200 megs.  I did have it set for
500 earlier.  So I quit the preupgrader, deleted a good sized stack of
kernels etc in that partition and now have 92 megs free.  But that is still
not enough.

Is there an argument I can give, or a file I can edit to put this scratchpad
area someplace else?  After all, there are about 1.3 terrabyte's of drives
here.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene