Re: Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 20:19:33 -0800
Aldo Foot wrote:

> You're not missing it. The option to set an static ip is just not there.
> Maybe if one uses 'linux askmethod' and chooses NFS or some other
> network type install it would ask for net info. I've only install from
> DVD, but it occurs to me that a NFS install would force you to enter static
> ip info.

There is a 'asknetwork' boot parameter I turn on when installing from
hard disk that gets it to ask me about the network connection, and I
have successfully defined a static IP at install time that way (of
course, it doesn't work right after the system boots till you disable
NetworkManager and enable network :-).