WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

homburg at tips-Q.com homburg at tips-Q.com
Sun Feb 8 05:49:22 UTC 2009

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:13:21 -0500
Mike Chalmers <mikechalmers70 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not understand how Fedora expects you to upgrade or
> reinstall every 6 months or so.
>
> Why not
> provide updates, major ones, to the already installed OS
> instead of having to reinstall a new OS!!! I imagine that
> this, if done in an organized way, could be easier on the
> developers of Fedora.

I appreciate the sentiment. In reality, you can stay with
a release for a year before it goes EOL. IOW, F10 will be
updated until the release of F13.

Even then, I would never use Fedora on a server - opting
for CentOS instead. I have tried more distributions on my
laptop than I care to admit to. Ultimately, I always return
to Fedora.

--
"Neither Lifestyle nor Agenda"
http://www.tips-Q.com