Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

Mike Chalmers wrote:

Neither can I wait for new programs or features, :-)!

My point is that instead of requiring you to install or do some kind
of a risky yum upgrade (as someone mentioned above, and most likely
the drivers you may have installed may have to be replaced) to get the
newest software, WHY NOT JUST PROVIDE UPDATES FOR THE LATEST SOFTWARE?

Because in some cases it can't be done! Because upgrading one component might require changing a library which would break other things. Because the location of files or their format may change, also breaking every program which uses them. And even when an update "works" it may not have optimal performance or stability compared to a clean install.

You can all rail against me, which I expected, but I was just trying
to make a point because I like Fedora!

You have to like it for what it is, because it is going to be whatever the developers think is best for you, when they want to give it to you, not necessarily what you want. I could go off on this but but it wouldn't be useful. The bottom line is LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>