Re: doc to html from a cmdline?

Steven W. Orr wrote:
I have about 75 doc files. If I bring one up in ooffice, I can save it
as a .html file with no problem. Is there a way to do it from the
command line? All this clickety is going to take me too long.
sudo yum install wv
for filename in `ls *.doc`;
  do
      htmlname=`echo $filename | sed -e 's/.doc/.html/g'`
      /usr/bin/wvHtml $filename $htmlname
  done;

Depending on what your Word files are, your conversion mileage may differ.

--
Sam