Re: Mysql with federated engine

Pedro Freire wrote:

Hello list,

I need to have a federated table in MySQL.

However, the engine in the Fedora package is not enabled.

How can I enable it ? Is there an optional package ?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/federated-storage-engine.html

It's on the version of mysql shipped with F10, so if it's compiled you need to give command line parameter to enable it. If it's not compiled you can download the source package and enable configuration in spec-file + recompile. Then you will be still using rpm's etc. You just need to keep track on the bug/security reports and disable automatic update for that package to prevent mishaps.

-VPK