Re: Red Hat g++ packaging question

Peter J. Stieber wrote:

Thanks Rahul.  So Fedora 11 will be using GCC 4.4.x.

I looked at the Fedora 10 page plans, but I didn'y see any updating plans. Is there any way to see if Fedora 10 is planning a GCC 4.3.3 update?

Unlikely. Build tools are usually not updated post-release.

Do you think a bugzilla report is appropriate w.r.t. my original post?

I am not sure it is a bug in GCC but if you believe, it is go ahead and file it. The worst that can happen is it will get closed as a not a bug.

Does the Red Hat version of GCC recompile a source module if it encounters an error on the first try?

No, GCC behaviour doesn't change like that.

Rahul