Re: Another strange memory stick event.

> But what also appeared was what looked like a 24GB memory stick mounted
> also under /media/ After awhile I realized this was the partition of  XP
> on my machine.
>
> I have never seen this happen before can anyone explain this?
>
> There is no line for mounting that partition in fstab.

It was HAL. Unless you browbeat HAL about the head and shoulders with
custom .xml files, it desperately wants to automount everything it
can find. If you have ntfs3g installed, then it can find XP ntfs
partitions.

See:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/linux-tidbits.html#Hide%20Backup%20Disk

for one example of magic xml.